An opportunity has arisen to join our client’s supporting our partners in Scandinavia. The role will focus on providing technical assistance to key partners in the support of a product portfolio of radio communications products, including pre-sales demonstrations, customer engagement, support case resolution and capturing new product requirements.
The role is expected to be a field based role in the region (Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland) with extensive travel expected to remain in contact with key partners. Due to the nature of our customers, the individual may be required to complete security clearance checks.
This role is part of the technical support team and will be expected to:
- Provide technical support across my client’s range of products, communicating internally and externally in a courteous and professional manner.
- Proactively, visit partners as part of engineering visits to assist and train customers.
- Identify opportunities and new requirements from customer discussions and provide technical support to develop these into proposals to both customers and internally for product and/or business development.
- Handle customer calls and emails within support desk process and assisting in the distribution of software and licences for customers.
- Write and maintain customer facing documentation (e.g. user presentations, application notes, FAQs).
- Manage communication with multiple stakeholders, building links between regional partners and UK operations and the regional commercial sales teams.
- Maintain equipment, systems and processes used for supporting customers.
- Continuously develop technical skills and product knowledge with extensive knowledge the full product range delivered by my client to their partners in the region. This includes TETRA terminals and applications as well as DMR Terminals, Systems, applications and satellite products.
Description of person:
This is a very practical, hands-on role, strong technical skills with a commercial focus are essential to this role, and candidates must be able to demonstrate:
- Background in the design, deployment and installation of PMR products (DMR or TETRA) for either public safety or commercial users.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Experience in a technical support role in a commercial/B2B environment through working within in a hi-tech product development organisation with sales partners.
- Experience of working within a commercial software/hardware product development lifecycle including managing commercial and technical aspects with customers.
- Structured methodical approach to problem solving.
- Ability to build strong relationships with customers.
Within this role, it is desirable but not essential to have:
- Experience in working with digital radio communication networks and associated technologies (e.g. TETRA, MPT1327, DMR, GSM/3G/LTE, GPS, Bluetooth) and equipment (e.g. spectrum analysers, air interface diagnostic/logging tools).
- Background in project management and delivery of PMR systems from system planning through to acceptance and in-life maintenance.
- Multi-lingual (e.g. Swedish, Norwegian, Finnish, Danish).
- Knowledge of using Microsoft Sharepoint and Dynamics AX.
- Have delivered training courses in technical topics to customers.
The right candidate will be expected to have:
- Track record of delivering first class results to tight deadlines.
- Strong analytical ability with a consistent and methodical approach.
- Self-starter, able to research, identify, plan and implement.
- Team player.
- Good attention to detail.
- Focus on continuous improvement.