I am currently searching for a Sales & Marketing Director, with a strong background in wireless communications, who will have responsibility for the overall delivery of order intake, revenues and gross margin of across a combination of pre-defined devices and solution sales for a number of European markets.
This key board level appointment, reporting to the CEO. You will be responsible for driving the strategy that grows market share and contribution in line with the wider group strategy as the market develops and new technologies take root.
The Sales & Marketing Director will also lead a small marketing team in a matrix style organisation, as well as having a sales team of around 15 staff.
Regular international travel required.
- Leads, directs, manages and controls all sales and marketing activities
- As a senior member of the leadership team, contribute to the overall company strategy as well as localised tactics to maximise the growth
- Responsible for the forecasting and delivery of revenues and gross margin within the P&L. Responsible for Opex control within Sales and Marketing functions.
- Contribute to the product roadmap, supporting all submissions with a strong, relevant business case
- Manage channel partners and liaising with other members within the organisation, leveraging contacts and ensuring there is no cannibalisation of business
- Grow the value add aspect of our business, moving from hardware sales model to a more complex solutions sales, differentiating the market offering while growing margin
- Work with local sales teams in other countries to deliver sales revenues and increase gross margin and overall market share.
- Maintain close and effective communications with the CEO and other members of the leadership team as well as key stakeholders
- Build relationships with key partners and customers to improve brand recognition.
- Manage customer issues that may impact the company P&L.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Will ideally hold a Technical or business degree
- Experience in a similar position, with responsibility for managing a team with sales to public safety and governmental customers globally.
- Wide and detailed understanding of the international radio communications markets and technologies, plus good knowledge of broadband standards
- Experience dealing with security organisations and very sensitive stakeholders
- Proven success in managing sales through channels, systems integrators and directly
- Successful track record in managing international sales and international sales teams
- Ability to develop and implement sales strategies which demonstrably grow revenues and gross margin through value added solutions selling and upselling
- Significant profile within the industry, with gravitas to represent the company within the industry, including with the press and industry associations
- Commercially astute
- Strong people leadership skills
- Strategically focused but also knows the detail
- Strong analytical and communications skills
- Energetic with an indomitable spirit
- Team player within the Leadership team but also with other stakeholders
- Decision maker who isn’t afraid to consult or ask for assistance
- Thrives on a fast pace, changing company, leading the market
- Maintains and develops strong customer relations
- Confident public speaker with presence
- Open minded
- Stretches themselves - personally and encourages their team
- Very high standards of performance – ethically and otherwise
If this sounds like you, please send me your CV so I can call you to discuss the role more fully.