I am currently searching for a Product Definition Engineer based at my clients HQ in the Cambridge area, taking responsibility for developing requirements, disseminating them to stakeholders throughout the organisation, and becoming one of the go-to knowledge experts on product and feature functionality.
You will work with Product Managers, Senior Development Engineers, and the wider business to:
- Understand product, feature and system requirements and constraints, and in doing so help clarify production functionality and the scope of projects
- Develop the requirements and associated user cases to create a definition of product and feature functionality
- Document and maintain product and feature specifications using descriptive English
- Assist Product Owners create user stories and acceptance criteria and to understand user story interdependencies
Ideal Skills & Experience
- Requirements elicitation, management and tracking in an Agile environment
- Writing descriptive functional specifications
- Writing interface specifications
- Ground-up product development in embedded C and/or in Android service layer
- Layered wireless communications protocols such as GSM, LTE and other radio protocols
- Related products and technologies such as wireless connectivity, USB, WiFi, Bluetooth
- Working in a flexible Agile project-based environment
- Agile product ownership using Scrum
You will be part of the Product Definition Team, detailing product functionality for a wide variety of commercially important projects.
If you would like to be considered, apply with your CV, including your contact details so I can call you to discuss the role in more detail.