I am currently searching for a Linux Principal Platform Engineer for my client, who is a leader in secure digital communications.
The person will be responsible for the development of embedded RT Linux Kernel, Linux Device Drivers and Linux development tools.
· Own the Embedded Linux Platform including the Kernel, Device Drivers and Development tools, including scheduler modifications, performance optimization and minimizing latency.
· Responsible for trialling and integrating open-source development tools for debugging, etc.
· Responsible for the maintenance of Linux build and distribution tools.
· Responsible for writing and maintaining device drivers and low-level software components.
· Definition and planning of software tasks at software component level.
· The production of architectural, design and test specifications.
· Integration testing, investigation and resolution of issues.
This global leading company offers excellent salary and career prospects for the right person, who should have significant experience in Linux platform development, Linux open-source project configuration, debugging, Linux open source kernel components and performance optimising Linux device drivers. You should also have a thorough understanding of the complete software development lifecycle within an embedded software based product and extensive knowledge of the C programming language in real-time systems and ideally UML or other design methodology experience.
You will be also be analytical, tenacious and have the ability to work well under pressure.
This is a full time, permanent role. Re-location assistance can be provided if necessary.
Please send me your updated CV, along with your contact details, so I can call you to discuss the opportunity.