I am searching for three Level 2 Customer Support & Maintenance Technician’s to deliver excellent service levels to a leading customer in New York, in the area of radio communications, networks and systems.
These are new positions that have been created as a result of the successful growth of my client, who are leaders in radio communication systems.
- Solving reported incidents
- Maintain, modify, service and upgrade complex radio/telecom systems
- Visiting customer sites when and where needed around New York, as well as solving problems remotely
- Carry out system configurations, technical verifications and visual inspections
- Update related databases and keep track of changes
- Update hardware, software and firmware
- Regular communication with the customer to understand their technical questions and provide the answers
- Provide workarounds and gain buy-in from customer
- Complete documentation to provide technical reports and analysis for Level 3 team
This position will require you to work on a shift rotation 24/7, 7 days a week and you’ll form part of a multi-disciplinary technical team, managed by the Support & Maintenance Director.
- Around 3-5 years support experience in the areas of radio communications, mobile telecoms systems, data networking, telephony (TCP / IP, Ethernet, PSTN, ISDN, PBX, SIP, VoIP, etc.).
- Systems and transport network (microwave, PDH, SDH, Optical Fiber, etc.)
- Good team player with excellent problem solving and communication skills
- Work well under pressure with good abilities to prioritise and get the job done efficiently
- Ideally (but not essential) hold a relevant degree in telecommunications, networking or computer science. However, relevant training and experience are as important.
Re-location assistance from other parts of North America is available.
If this sounds of interest, please send me your updated resume and contact details, so we can discuss the opportunity more fully.
Please only apply to this position if you are currently residing in the USA and are legally entitled to work in the USA