My client is an independent group of companies headquartered in the UK, which has firmly established itself as a prominent global player in the radio communications industry. They operate their own design and manufacturing divisions in APAC.
This position is responsible for all sales activities in our Sales teams in the UK and Europe, as well as one or two markets in Asia. You will need to have prior experience of leading an international sales team for an organization which sells a technical product. You should be an exceptional people manager with the ability to drive a team towards their goals, and foster a collegiate and exciting working environment. You will be responsible for making contractual decisions therefore you will need a strong commercial mindset. This is a key role within the management team and the successful candidate would be expected to collaborate with and support other teams.
Your responsibilities will include:-
- Developing a sales strategy, and plans and targets for the sales teams;
- Developing a complete and in-depth understanding of the product portfolio and uses this knowledge to positively impact the performance of the team;
- Managing teams of internal telesales and external field sales people
- Ensure the team and roles are best structured to deliver requirements
- Regular performance reviews with individuals
- Provide coaching and mentoring to help individuals to fulfil potential.
- Provide direction, motivation and management to the sales team.
- Setting targets, quotas and KPI's that drive achievement in the sales team including overseeing the sales commission plan
- Management of full sales activities for nominated key accounts/new account management/business development in a designated territory or customer base.
- Resolving commercial and pricing enquiries.
- Reviewing tender documents, customer agreements and credit requests/terms;
- Understanding and taking a proactive approach to pricing strategy to ensure products remain competitive;
- Collaborating with the Technical Support team and Customer Operations Manager to resolve technical issues where needed;
- Partnering with the Sales Operations Manager to optimise the use of the CRM system and to understand business activity and performance;
- Identifying and reporting on business opportunities in target markets;
- Increasing market share in existing markets and maximising new business development opportunities;
- Collaborating with the Product Development Manager to ensure information moves between the sales and R&D teams
- Understanding and improving sales workflow processes;
- Responsible for trade exhibitions
- To be the key stakeholder for recruitment in the sales team;
The role will be predominantly office based with some international travel.
- A senior sales professional with experience of selling a technical or tangible product
- Demonstrable experience of leading medium sized sales teams towards meeting their goals;
- Excellent sales, presentation and negotiation skills;
- The ability to inspire and motivate others;
- A strong coaching and mentoring style of engaging with the team
- Experience of planning an operational strategy for a team or function;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Experience of understanding and documenting cross functional processes, as well as enhancing existing and developing new processes
- A self starter who has demonstrated strong initiative, drive and enthusiasm;
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills at all levels;
- Excellent organisation skills with the ability to plan for the future. Able to play a fundamental role in developing future growth, and provide vision, direction and leadership.
- Excellent business acumen and commercial awareness;